The company that invented paint protection film just reinvented it.
Paint Protection Film, otherwise knows as PPF or Clear Shield, is nearly invisible protection for the painted surfaces of your car.
The new 3M Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film has:
- - Unrivaled scratch and stain resistance
- - Exceptional clarity
- - Superior resistance to yellowing
- - Self-healing technology makes most scratches disappear
- - Tough, durable, and maintenance-free
- - 10 year product warranty
Frequently Asked Questions
Note: These FAQs only apply to the new Scotchgard Paint Protection Series of film. If you have any questions about other paint protection films offered by 3M, please send us a message.
The Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film, offers the ultimate vehicle paint protection. It sets a new industry standard with technology improvements, including superior scratch and stain resistance, outstanding clarity and self-healing properties. Most importantly it has a flexible, clear top coat that has exceptional stretch, which makes it much easier to install and reposition so it can be applied faster and more efficiently.
Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Films provides many featured, advantages and benefits over other films:
- Better clarity– Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film is one of the clearest films and virtually invisible – even on white vehicles.
- Durable clear coat – The clear coat technology makes our auto paint protection film easier to clean and harder to scratch, which keeps vehicles looking newer longer.
- Self-healing properties – Innovative technology in the film causes minor scratches to disappear, which keeps the film and vehicle’s finish looking new.
- Ease of installation – The elastic clear coat and forgiving adhesive give the film maximum flexibility to hug the curves and contours of the vehicle, which makes complex installations faster and easier.
- Operational efficiencies – Resulting in quicker installations.
Our tough, durable, maintenance-free Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film is easy to install, high quality and backed by a incredible multiyear warranty to ensure customer satisfaction. 3M provides your dealership with the unrivaled power and recognition of the Scotchgard™ brand name and the tools you need to successfully introduce a profitable revenue stream, including:
- A portfolio of thousands of fit-tested, high quality paint protection film patterns specifically for your vehicle brand.
- An assigned account manager to assist with all your paint protection film program needs.
- Extensive marketing materials to help maximize your penetration, including brochures, desktop displays and floor banners.
- 3M Certified instructors to help train your dealership’s PDI or detail department to install 3M Paint Protection Film kits.
- An easy-to-use Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film warranty process
Yes. Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film can be applied to both new and used vehicles. If a vehicle has recently been painted please allow 30 days for curing time before applying paint protection film.
The 3M comprehensive warranty for Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film is 10 years from the date of installation respectably, and covers against defects, yellowing, bubbling and cracking.
3M provides your dealership with the tools you need to increase your bottom line, including sample kits.. Your dealership will also have access to brochures, posters and floor displays. 3M Clear Shield Account Manager are available to help with inventory purchasing and arranging training for your dealership to install paint protection film.
Our 3M Certified Instructors can train your employees, PLUS we provide 3M Installation Specialist to get you going by installing 50% of your inventory at NO charge.
Quality of installations is important. That's why 3M Clear Shield Concepts offers hands-on training course located right at your dealership. Yes, we come to you! Our 3M Certified instructors also offer ongoing training and product information to your staff as often as needed.
Dealerships that partner with 3M have the option to have a tailored sell sheet specifically to the coverage offered at their dealership. The most common areas auto paint protection film is applied to are:
- Door edges
- Door handle cavities
- Rear trunk ledges
- Partial hoods
- Rocker panels
- Side mirrors